(posted August 7, 2017)
CITY CLUB OF BOISE, a non profit organization located in Boise, Idaho (“City Club”) is inviting individuals to apply for its part-time Development Manager position. City Club is seeking a person to support City Club’s goal of providing opportunities for non-partisan and civil discussions on key issues that affect our city. City Club will consider all applications and intends the new Development Manager to begin employment in early September.
The Development Manager will work with up to twenty-five community leaders who serve on the City Club Board of Directors. The Development Manager shall work under the direction of the Executive Committee of City Club and shall report to the President.
City Club holds 14-15 forums with an average attendance of 200, as well as a minimum of 4 tours and 4 salons annually. Attendees often include city, county, and state dignitaries and community leaders. There are currently more than 600 individual, family and corporate members.
City Club’s motto is “Nothing happens until people start talking.” Please see our website, www.cityclubofboise.org, for more information about the organization.
The Development Manager will spearhead development efforts at the direction of the Executive Committee, President, and Board. As a new position in the organization, the Development Manager will have the opportunity to build and professionalize the development function.
The Development Manager will be responsible for building, leading and growing a mission-oriented approach to meet operational and capital funding needs of City Club. They will also be responsible for donor information management, relationship building with individual donors, foundations and various philanthropic and corporate supporters, and associated marketing.
This position is part-time and expected to be 20 hours per week. The Development Manager will also collaborate and work alongside the Club Manager in the Club’s office at the University of Idaho, Boise, Water Center facility.
Leadership & Management:
- Ensure ongoing local programmatic excellence, and consistent quality of finance and administration, fundraising, communications, and systems; recommend timelines and resources needed to achieve City Club’s strategic goals and maintain its existing event and membership programs
- Occasionally direct and supervise development volunteers as necessary for respective operations of City Club and completion of duties outlined herein
- Develop and manage annual development budget, subject to approval of City Club’s Executive Committee.
- Actively engage and energize City Club volunteers, board members, committees, partnering organizations, and funders
- Support a strong Board of Directors: serve as ex-officio member of the development, finance, and marketing Board committees; seek and build board involvement with strategic direction
- Ensure effective systems to track progress, and regularly evaluate fund development components, so as to measure successes that can be effectively communicated to the board, funders, and other constituents
- Act as a face and key contact for City Club donors and sponsors by responding to inquiries by telephone, and e-mail
- Assist and collaborate with Club Manager to assure cohesive representation to the public.
- Maintain and expand revenue generation and fundraising activities to support existing operations, including donations and sponsorships, and expand community involvement
- Responsible for helping to implement and evaluate a comprehensive plan to increase strategic solicitation of financial support
- Occasionally implement and manage events intended for marketing to potential and existing donors and sponsors of City Club. This duty will be shared with Club Manager of City Club.
- Coordinate reserved tables for forum sponsors, table sponsors and guest speakers. This duty will be shared with Club Manager of City Club.
- Coordinate recognition of sponsors at City Club program events and in broadcast radio programs.
- Act as backup and support to Club Manager of City Club for regular City Club program events (forums, etc.).
- Develop and publish marketing collateral – from web presence and social media to external relations – with the goal of creating a stronger brand
- Examples of specific tasks include: maintenance and updates to the City Club website and marketing materials, including recognition of sponsors, business members and Landmark (City Club donors) members; and preparation and maintenance of all written communication materials to donors and sponsors, including correspondence, brochures, and digital newsletters.
- With Club Manager of City Club, coordinate social media presence (e.g., Facebook, Twitter)
The ideal candidate will be thoroughly committed to City Club of Boise’s mission: ”We bring people together to explore diverse issues and hear varied viewpoints. In our multiple venues, we provide our community direct access to informed and entertaining experts, leaders and personalities.”
All candidates should have experience in fundraising and sponsorship development for a non-profit organization. Concrete demonstrable experience and other qualifications include:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in the non-profit or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in fundraising and sponsor/donor relationship management
- Strong marketing and public relations experience or education
- Commitment to quality programs and data-driven program evaluation
- Ability to work with a Board of Directors and cultivate existing board member relationships
- Experience with budgeting and cost management
- Ability to use current organizational tools to achieve excellent customer service
- Strong written and verbal communication skills. Candidate should be a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
- Ability to use a website based on a Content Management System such as WordPress, e newsletters and membership databases to manage donor and sponsor records with administrative efficiency
- Excellent spelling and proofreading skills
Does this sound like you? If so, here is how to apply:
Please submit applications electronically to the City Club Selection Committee no later than 12:00 pm on August 21, 2017, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The application should include the following:
- A cover letter including the following:
- Why you are interested in this position
- Description of your experience with fundraising, membership development, and solicitation of corporate sponsors or underwriters.
- A detailed resume including three references
Please no calls. We ask that you send all questions to: email@example.com.
Expected annual salary will be prorated for part-time hours at an equivalent of $38,000 to $45,000 full-time, dependent on experience and qualifications.