COVID-19 Healthcare Expert Discussion
Time & Location
About the Event
All fifty states are now in some phase of reopening after closing to reduce the spread of Corona Virus. Idaho’s Governor’s Little is implementing a 4-phase “Rebound to Prosperity,” and Idahoans are presently in phase 2. As we move from shelter-in-place into a new world of social distancing, there remain many health questions. More than 93,000 Americans have died. We still have 1.5 million active Covid cases. Many people have the disease without symptoms. Join City Club of Boise for a conversation with five healthcare experts to discuss ongoing public health concerns and best practices for responding to the COVID-19 global pandemic.
- Tommy Ahlquist, MD Crush the Curve
- Brandon Atkins, MS Preventive Health Services Program Manager /acting Public Information Officer for CDHD
- Christine Hahn, MD Epidemiologist Idaho Department of Health and Welfare
- Steven Nemerson, MD Saint Alphonsus Chief Medical Officer
- James P. Souza, MD Chief Medical Officer for St. Luke's Health System, Idaho Testing Task Force co-chair
The conversation will be moderated by City Club of Boise forums committee member Corey Surber.
Program chairs: Julie Robinson and Matt Cryer
This program will be delivered online using the Zoom platform and is sponsored by Ada County Medical Society, Optum Idaho, and Saltzer Health.
This program is free, thanks to the support of our generous sponsors. City Club of Boise's Premier Sponsor is Northwest Nazarene University and the NNU College of Business and our Annual sponsor is St. Luke's Health Systems.
We’re happy to offer these free opportunities for people to safely connect and engage during these unprecedented times. Your contribution today, in any amount, will ensure we can continue to create the conversations that bring our community together. Donate here.